LIHEAP FASTRACK APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS,
SUBMISSION & PROCESS GUIDELINES
All applicants must be a resident of Jackson County in order to be considered for utility assistance. You are required to complete an online or a mail in application. Submitting an application does not guarantee service. Once application is completed, the system will generate an application number and this is your confirmation of having successfully submitted the application online. Due to the processing of applications, it can take up to 45 days to process. Since processing an application takes time, client should be patient and refrain from submitting another one while the first one is being processed.
Submit the following legible (readable), required documents pertaining to your household within 14 working days from time of application submission:
- Provide the original Cooling Bill (Electric) and Heating Bill (gas, electric, fuel oil, etc.). Bill has to show average annual home energy usage in kilowatt-hours, an average annual home energy cost; propane statement has to show: size of tank and amount currently in tank.
- A copy of all Household total grossed Income for the last 60 days must be reported in one of the following ways: 1. Wages. 2. Self-employment (most recent form of IRS tax forms, quarterly tax records, W2 or 1099) 3. Social Security. 4. SSI. 5. Child Support. 6. Regular Monetary Gifts with amount. 7. Unemployment Compensation. 8. Retirement. 9. Temporary Cash Assistance (TANF) 10. Pension (state, federal, VA, etc) 11. Regular monetary assistance from family/friend who has not received assistance from our program. 12. Rental Income. Any electronic proof will be acceptable. If you are the applicant, and do not work, a written statement is required. Ages 16-17 and do not attend school, a written statement is required why you do not work/attend school. NO BANK STATEMENTS.
- If your child(ren) do not received any income, please provide documentation that you have cooperated with necessary authority to receive income on their behalf. Individual who is over the age of 18 years of age and does not work has to complete a no-income form or write statement as to why they do not work.
- Birth Certificate/Hospital Birth Record for children 5 years old and younger.
- Current Food Stamps Benefits: Statement from Dept. of Children & Families, electronic Access Florida statement; statement must consist of amount, household members and the month you are requesting utility assistance.
- Provide one form of documentation of disability: DMV statement, physician’s statement, and/or listed on proof of income.
- Social Security Card for EACH member of household.
- Mandatory that the “applicant” provide identity that he/she live in this county: acceptable forms of proof, Florida’s driver license (must be valid, and cannot be pass the expiration date), permanent Florida ID, current work or current School ID card, Military ID. No out of state identification will be accepted.
- Alien Status: provide necessary governmental documentations of legality for residing in this country.
- Provide legible typed and/or written statement if your utility bill is in someone else’s name, the reason needs to be in writing.
- New Services: please provide a copy of current paid house/apartment rent deposit receipt, work order form from utility company, copy of a signed lease/rental/family property agreement.
- Disconnected services: a copy of current paid house/apartment rent receipt, a signed lease/rental agreement, and a written statement from property owner that you will remain in the home for an additional 30 days.
- Homeowners, provide a copy of ownership for your place of resident. If you live on/in family home/property, provide written statement from executor of estate that you have permission to live in that dwelling. If mortgage is currently in foreclosure, please provide documentation that you will remain in the home for at least another 30 days.
- Renters: provide a copy of signed lease or rental agreement that shows:
- Your utility reimbursements
- Utility allowances
- Calculation page showing how your rent is figured for subsidy, and
- Each person listed in household. Documentation cannot be more than a year old
- Lease has to be signed by the Landlord/property owner and the applicant
FRAUD POLICY: Fraud occurs when an Applicant knowingly and willingly provides false information about their circumstances in order to receive assistance. Fraud also occurs when an Applicant intentionally fails to report changes in household circumstances in a timely manner. Fraud is considered theft and a crime therefore the Agency should report the criminal activity to their local law enforcement agency.
The information provided to apply for the LIHEAP program is to be true and complete. It is agency to provide needed energy assistance to households with the lowest income and greatest need, i.e., those households in-which the elderly, disabled, or children resides. If it has been determined that you the applicant or any member of your household has deliberately and willfully provided false information to receive assistance from the LIHEAP program, your application will be denied.
The following list are examples of intentionally withholding information:
- Household composition at time of requesting assistance; people who claim household members or list household members that do not actually reside in household regardless if they are children or adults.
- Gross Income from all sources, people who do not report all income whether earned or unearned
- County of residents
- Submitting rental or lease agreement of someone landlord and making up a fictitious tenancy.
- If, it is determined or appears that false information was provided during the application process, the file is denied and the client is notified in writing.
Applying for assistance in the future: Print, Sign, and Submit a copy
At a minimum, any Applicant and/or Client who commits fraud is ineligible to apply for LIHEAP services for a period of 2 years after the discovery of the fraudulent actions. This restriction applies to anyone living in the household at the time the fraud was committed and is requesting services for the same household.
- INVESTIGATION AND PROSECUTION
- Fraud is considered theft and a crime therefore the Agency should report the criminal activity to their local law enforcement agency.
- Once every attempt has been made to contact and work with the client for recovery of overpayments and the client has been unresponsive or uncooperative, the information should be turned over to local law enforcement.
- The Agency should continue to work with the prosecuting officials, and the Agency can, if requested, receive and track repayments from the client.
- All repayments must be returned to DEO.
- The Agency must contact DEO and keep staff informed as to the progress of the investigation, the disposition, and if any funds will be returned.
I ___________________________________ acknowledge that I have received the Fraud Policy from the Jackson County Senior Citizens.
Completed Application Process Policy
During the application process, an applicant( the person who has submitted application for energy assistance), is not to contact this agency regarding the status of their application. Once application is processed a letter of approval or denial will be mailed to applicant. Submitting an application does not guarantee service.
- ALL DOCUMENTATION SUBMITTED ACCORDING TO LIHEAP INFORMATION LIST BY THIS AGENCY.
- APPLICATIONS ARE PROCESSED IN OUR GRACEVILLE OFFICE. IF THE APPLICANT HAS APPLIED IN THE MARIANNA OFFICE, THE APPLICATION IS THEN SENT TO THE GRACEVILLE OFFICE FOR PROCESSING. IF THE APPLICANT HAS APPLIED AT THE GRACEVILLE OFFICE, THEN YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE PROCESSED IN LIKE MANNER.
- APPLICATION IS REVIEWED BY GRACEVILLE STAFF, TO ENSURE YOU SUBMITTED ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION
- IF IT IS FOUND THAT ALL INFORMATION HAS NOT BEEN SUBMITTED, A LETTER IS SENT IN GIVING YOU 7 WORKING DAYS TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION
- AN AUTHORIZATION FOR RELEASE OF GENERAL INFORMATION IS FAX OR EMAILED TO YOUR UTILITY COMPANY.
- UPON RECEIVING INFORMATION BACK, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE WORKED UP WITHIN 15 WORKING DAYS OF THE APPLICATION DATE.
- IF APPROVED, AN APPROVAL VOUCHER LETTER WILL BE EMAILED OR FAXED TO YOUR UTILITY COMPANY
- UNTIL YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CREDITED WITH PAYMENT, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO CONTINUE PAYING ON YOUR ENERGY ACCOUNT.
- THIS PROCESS CAN TAKE UP TO 45 DAYS.